Patient Accounts Officer - Icon Cancer Centre, Head Office, South Brisbane
Join the Patient Accounts Team at Icon Group’s Head Office, Located at 22 Cordelia Street, South Brisbane, Qld
- Join a Rapidly Expanding, Well Established Private Healthcare Company
- Utilise your Health Fund and Patient Billing Experience in an Organisation that Cares about its Employees
- Permanent, Full-Time Position– Attractive South Brisbane Location (Icon Group Head Office)
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 800 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 17 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care and is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to patients as close to home as possible.
About the role
A permanent, full-time position is now available at our global head office in South Brisbane. The Patient Accounts Officer works as part of a fantastic, cohesive team and is responsible for:
- Performing accurate and efficient health fund billing and receipting payments
- Management of debt for Day Hospitals and Doctors
- Assisting with the management of telephone queries, and delivering outstanding customer service support to both internal and external customers
- Manage patient excesses and co-payments
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Medicare and Health Fund billing experience including hospital and Doctor claims, receipting and reconciliation, and health fund debt recovery
- Competency in related systems and processes
- Attention to detail
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Ability to quickly understand and develop operational knowledge of fee schedules, Doctor and day hospital billing and associated processes
- Outstanding team member qualities including flexibility, and willingness to support your colleagues
What’s in it for you
In this role, you’ll enjoy a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
How to Apply:
If you have the experience and qualities we’re looking for, we want to hear from you.
Please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. Please include your resume and a cover letter.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.