Want to deliver a comprehensive clinical pharmacy service to a hospital that cares for private patients? Looking for a company with opportunities to grow and progress?
At Icon. You Can.
A permanent part-time role to work 38 hours per fortnight. You will be based on site at the acute medical and surgical Mulgrave Private Hospital. This is an amazing opportunity to expand your career and be part of a dynamic and integrated clinical team.
For this role hospital experience is desirable but not necessary, if you're adaptable, motivated to learn, have a can-do attitude and looking for your next step into the wonderful world of hospital pharmacy then this is the job for you!
- Provide efficient clinical pharmacy services
- Conduct medication history interviews, medication reconciliation and discharge summaries at transfers of care
- Be efficient and effective at dispensing and distribution of medication
- Provide medication counselling & education to patients
- Work cooperatively and effectively with multidisciplinary teams and provide advice in regard to patient care
- Contribute to training and educational sessions for pharmacy, nursing, medical staff and allied health professionals
- Assist to oversee imprest services and continuity of medication supply
- Support the quality use of medicines by participating in projects, audits, working groups or committees as required
- Consider financial implications of medication use in hospital and for patients obtaining the medicines in the community
Slade Pharmacy integrates hospital, community and compounding pharmacy services to the oncology sector and private hospitals across NSW, Victoria and Queensland. We have a strong track record of technological innovation and are a lead provider of medication management services.
We’re a proud part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest provider of end-to-end cancer care
About the hospital:
Mulgrave Private Hospital is an acute medical and surgical hospital conveniently located in the south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne. With 226 beds, this hospital has an emergency department, and we offer a range of clinical pharmacy services to specialities including surgery, urology, cardiology, general medicine and more. There is plenty of room to grow and expand in your career here!
A career with us brings you:
Purpose, at Pace
We know that as a pharmacist, you’ll want to improve the quality of life for as many people as you can – and you’ll achieve that here. This can be a busy role and there’s always plenty to do. But we never lose sight of the importance of what we do, every single day.
Impact, at Scale
Through your attention to detail and ability to individualise customer service and care, you’ll help countless people in your local community and beyond. Working with us you’ll know that your contribution goes further - Icon Group delivers 2.5 million patient interactions, in 120 places, in 5 countries.
Connection, at Heart
You’ll be working alongside a dedicated team who are committed to improving patient outcomes. Structured training and support will be provided for you to succeed.
Opportunity, at Hand
We’re growing and evolving every day - so the sky really is the limit on where you can go with us. Whether it’s professional development, a promotion, or a move to a whole new area, there are so many chances to grow. Just put up your hand.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Formal induction and training provided
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to paid parental leave
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Employee Assistance Program
Who are we looking for?
- Current Pharmacist registration with AHPRA
- Relevant hospital pharmacy experience
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly driven and enthusiastic
- High level of time management, planning and organisation ability
- Focused on delivering a high standard of customer service
How to apply?
If you are interested, please click apply now and attach your resume to your application and indicate which site you would like to apply for (or both).
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.