Are you a pharmacist looking to escape the rat race for a “sea change” lifestyle?
Are you wanting to deliver comprehensive pharmacy services across multidiscipline hospital teams?
Want to work for a company with opportunities to grow and progress?
At Icon. You Can.
We have 2 x full-time opportunities for a Pharmacist to join our dynamic team at Epic Pharmacy based in Port Macquarie and Kempsey where you can escape the city snarl and enjoy a sea-change lifestyle. You will always find a parking space and be able to enjoy the lovely beaches on weekends!
Working Monday – Friday, you will rotate monthly between our pharmacies at Port Macquarie Base Hospital and Kempsey District Hospital. You will provide clinical pharmacy services to customers and patients, ensuring that all pharmacy activities are completed to a high standard while supporting the quality use of medicines.
This is an exciting opportunity to further enhance your career in an ever-evolving multidisciplinary team environment. We are a forward-thinking team, seizing opportunities for change, growth and improvement in patient outcomes. Join our supportive and interactive team while partnering with an expert team of local staff and doctors and leave a positive impact on patient care.
- Conduct medication history interviews, medication reconciliation and pharmaceutical reviews at transfers of care
- Efficient and effective dispensing and distribution of medication
- Conduct drug monitoring, monitor medication outcomes and adverse drug reaction management
- Medication counselling and education to patients
- Work cooperatively and effectively with multidisciplinary teams and provide advice in regard to patient care
- Contribute to training and educational sessions for pharmacy, nursing, medical staff and allied health professionals
- Support the quality use of medicines by participating in projects, audits, working groups or committees as required
About Epic Pharmacy:
Epic Pharmacy is one of Australia’s leading pharmacy providers. Underpinned by clinical excellence and a commitment to customer care, Epic delivers innovative medication management solutions and pharmacy services for public and private hospitals and our Icon Cancer Centres across Australia.
A career with us brings you:
Purpose, at Pace
We know that as a pharmacist, you’ll want to improve the quality of life for as many people as you can – and you’ll achieve that here. This can be a busy role and there’s always plenty to do. But we never lose sight of the importance of what we do, every single day.
Impact, at Scale
Through your attention to detail and ability to individualise customer service and care, you’ll help countless people in your local community and beyond. Working with us you’ll know that your contribution goes further - Icon Group delivers 2.5 million patient interactions, in 120 places, in 5 countries.
Connection, at Heart
You’ll be working alongside a dedicated team who are committed to outcomes. Structured training and support will be provided for you to succeed.
Opportunity, at Hand
We’re growing and evolving every day - so the sky really is the limit on where you can go with us. Whether it’s professional development, a promotion, or a move to a whole new area, there are so many chances to grow. Just put up your hand.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Formal induction and training provided
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to paid parental leave
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid overtime for weekend roster
Who are we looking for?
If you have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients, we want to hear from you.
Hospital experience not mandatory, we will provide you with structured training to succeed in the role.
- Current AHPRA registered pharmacist
- Strong knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Have time management, communication and teamwork skills
- Be flexible and adaptable working with a diverse team
- Embrace change and commit to learning
- Value attention to detail and able to work autonomously
- Previous dispensing experience in an Australian based hospital (preferred) or community pharmacy
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join us, and what makes you a great fit for the role.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.