Why choose us?
Icon is one of Australia’s leading speciality pharmacy providers. Underpinned by clinical excellence and a commitment to customer care, we deliver innovative medication management solutions and pharmacy services for hospitals and oncology facilities.
We are truly dedicated to providing genuine patient-centred care and what unites us is the community we have built. Icon’s future success depends on the quality and commitment of our team, so we are devoted to empowering our people to thrive in their career through personal and professional growth and development.
- Informative training and professional development opportunity
- Rewards and recognition program
- Guidance from senior leaders
About the role:
Full-time 12-month contract available to join our collaborative Icon Pharmacy team at our Icon Cancer Centre in Mackay. You will assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of innovative pharmacy services while leading a small pharmacy team.
This is an amazing chance to develop and learn new skills in Oncology or start a new career path in a supportive and dynamic day hospital environment.
- Lead a pharmacy team to deliver a clinical pharmacy services to Icon Cancer Centre Day Hospital
- Manage the ongoing development of pharmacy staff
- Meet operational KPIs
- Ensure pharmacy compliance with legislative and PBS requirements
- Work in partnership with the existing experienced pharmacy team to provide dispensing and clinical services
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to maximise patient outcomes
- Deliver a high level of clinical pharmacy services to our patients in accordance with professional, legislative and ethical standards
- Perform all aspects of a clinical pharmacist role, including clinical screening of oncology and haematology treatment protocols; taking and recording comprehensive patient medication history; providing detailed patient counselling and supportive care recommendations
- Liaise with external customers as well as work closely with the internal pharmacy team and Icon Cancer Centre to ensure schedules are met
- Participation in clinical education to the pharmacy and wider team within the organisation
- Willingness to be trained in aseptic techniques
Skills and experience:
- A recognised Pharmacy degree with current AHPRA registration
- Proven ability to prioritise workload and forward plan
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work and contribute to a team environment and develop good working relationships with colleagues, patients and practitioners
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and independently solve problems
How to apply?
If this sound like the role for you, please apply now and attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.