- Permanent full-time Pharmacy Practice Advisor, Brisbane
- Provide leadership to Pharmacy Managers and team on quality use of medicines and ensuring clinical governance principles are embedded throughout our pharmacy services
- Pharmacist expertise in aseptic cancer chemotherapy compounding and pharmaceutical clinical trials
- Growing company with great employee benefits
Amazing permanent full-time opportunity to join our Pharmacy Practice Unit (PPU) team. You will provide leadership to pharmacy managers and team members in meeting best practice and quality use of medicines obligations across the organisation. You will also contribute to a framework for innovation and continual quality improvement, as well as safeguarding high standards of care and ensuring that clinical governance principles are embedded throughout our pharmacy services.
The role has a particular focus on the pharmacy specialty practice areas of aseptic cancer chemotherapy compounding and pharmaceutical clinical trials.
We are seeking someone to be based at the Wesley Private Hospital in Brisbane, with flexibility on the location and option to work from home on some days.
- Develop and implement clinical governance principles, processes and systems, and ensure they are embedded throughout our pharmacies to promote safety and excellence in patient care
- Develop and implement systems to ensure quality use of medicines by achieving medication management related goals required by accreditation standards (e.g. National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards and associated Clinical Care Standards, QCPP), and Professional Practice Standards (e.g. SHPA, PSA, COSA)
- Establish, review and implement Icon Group Pharmacy Services’ quality initiatives
- Provide pharmacy practice advice and guidance within scope of practice
- Participate in the writing and review of PPU policies, procedures and guidelines
- Make recommendations on position requirements and training and development programmes to ensure staff competency
- Develop and implement education and training to support best practice
Icon Group Pharmacy Services is one of Australia’s leading pharmacy providers, comprising of Epic Pharmacy, Slade Pharmacy, and Icon Cancer Centre Pharmacy.
Underpinned by clinical excellence and a commitment to customer care, we deliver innovative medication management solutions and pharmacy services for private and public hospitals and our Icon Cancer Centres via our network of over 60 pharmacies across Australia.
Part of something bigger:
We are part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest and fastest growing integrated cancer care provider with an emerging presence in New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong and mainland China. With over 3,000 employees company-wide, Icon Group’s global footprint also includes over 45 cancer centres, 3 TGA-licensed aseptic compounding facilities, and the largest private cancer clinical trials program in Australia.
Why choose us?
We are a purpose-led organisation and are committed to changing the dial on healthcare outcomes across Australia, Asia Pacific and beyond. Icon's future success depends on the quality and commitment of our team, so we are devoted to empowering our people to thrive in their career through personal and professional growth and development.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Formal induction and training provided
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to novated lease options via our partner RemServ
- Access to paid parental leave
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Current AHPRA Pharmacy Board Registration essential
- Significant and varied pharmacy experience relevant to the role:
- Prior experience in aseptic compounding of cancer treatments essential
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical clinical trials essential
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects to achieve desired outcomes
- Effective communication skills to build professional working relationships
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team
- Proven time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join us, and what makes you a great fit for the role.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.