Why choose us?
Icon is one of Australia’s leading speciality pharmacy providers. Underpinned by clinical excellence and a commitment to customer care, we deliver innovative medication management solutions and pharmacy services for hospitals and oncology facilities.
We are truly dedicated to providing genuine patient-centred care and what unites us is the community we have built. Icon’s future success depends on the quality and commitment of our team, so we are devoted to empowering our people to thrive in their career through personal and professional growth and development.
- Informative training and professional development opportunity
- Travel allowance
- Access to paid parental leave
- Rewards and recognition program
About the role:
Full-time 12-month contract for a Pharmacy Technician who enjoys travelling and is seeking variety in their workload. Rotate across our pharmacies in Sydney, Central Coast, Newcastle and Mid-North Coast to cover blocks of planned leave and occasionally other leave on short notice to assist in the delivery of modern, patient-focused pharmacy services.
Gain the chance to upskill your experience in hospital, oncology and clinical pharmacy services.
- Dispense and supply medications for hospital patients and outpatients
- Assist with managing ward imprest and stock management activities
- Customer account billing and record management
- Support patients, carers, hospital staff and associated employees
- Produce medication discharge profiles
- Undertake delivery and collection of medication
- Assist with patient account enquiries
As a proactive individual you will demonstrate high attention to detail and effective written and verbal communication skills. With previous experience dispensing medication, you have strong knowledge of the PBS and have the proven ability to effectively manage your workload. You will also be adaptable while being able to work autonomously and within diverse team structures.
Experience in a hospital or oncology is not mandatory as training is provided. An interest in the field is key to succeeding.
A current Drivers Licence and roadworthy car are mandatory.
How to apply?
Please directly apply to the advertisement and attach your resume and cover letter to your application.