About Icon Pharmacy:
Icon Pharmacy is one of Australia’s leading pharmacy providers. Underpinned by clinical excellence and a commitment to customer care, Icon delivers innovative medication management solutions for hospitals and oncology facilities.
Part of something bigger:
We are part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest and fastest growing integrated cancer care provider with an emerging presence in New Zealand, Singapore and China. Therefore, we follow and live by the same values of Innovate, Connect, On-Purpose, Energy and Nurture.
Why choose us?
We are truly dedicated to providing genuine patient-centred care and what unites us is the community we have built. Icon's future success depends on the quality and commitment of our team, so we are devoted to empowering our people to thrive in their career through personal and professional growth and development.
- Rewards and recognition program
- Focus on professional development
- Paid parental leave
- Structured training and induction provided
About the role:
Join our dynamic pharmacy team at the Mater Medical Centre in South Brisbane. This is an amazing opportunity to further develop your dispensing career and work closely with a team of highly specialised pharmacists and technicians to meet the growing needs of patients undergoing cancer treatment.
There is flexibility for this role to be permanent part-time (minimum 3 days per week) or permanent full-time (5 days per week).
- Dispense and supply chemotherapy and prescription medicines
- Assist in the preparation and compounding of aseptic cytotoxic products and non-hazardous patient prescriptions, including the sterile cleaning process
- Management of ward imprest and stock management activities
- Procurement of chemotherapy, prescription medicines and other consumables
- Customer account billing and record management
- Preparation of medication lists for patients
We are seeking a passionate team player with high attention to detail and the ability to efficiently solve problems. Using your strong communication and interpersonal skills, you will build rapport with staff and patients undergoing treatment. The ability to adapt to a challenging and changing work environment is key to succeeding.
Previous experience dispensing medication in an Australian based pharmacy is mandatory.
How to apply?
Please click ‘Apply Now’ and attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.