Radiation Oncology Principal House Officer – Icon Cancer Centre Greenslopes, QLD
- State of the Art Equipment & Advanced Techniques
- Fantastic Career Opportunity
- 6-month Contract Position – Greenslopes QLD Location
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees, our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6-day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We have an opportunity for a Principal House Officer with a keen interest in Radiation Oncology to join the team in Greenslopes, located at the Greenslopes Private Hospital. The overall purpose of this position is to provide a quality medical service that achieves excellence in the delivery of all aspects of patient care. You will be responsible for participating with consultants and other members of the treatment team to deliver a high-quality Radiation Oncology service. This is a full-time 6-month maximum term Contract opportunity commencing mid 2021.
About the person we’re going to hire:
We are looking for an individual with a commitment to deliver an outstanding service to join our team. We are looking for someone who has an interest and desire to help people. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
- Participate with consultants and other members of the treatment team in all ways possible to deliver optimal patient care
- Keep accurate documentation of patient examination history
- Participate in the simulation process and develop knowledge of the treatment positions and techniques
- Communicate effectively with the planning team to gain experience in critically evaluating treatment plans
- Manage Radiation Oncology inpatients in consultation with clinical supervisors and liaise with multidisciplinary team members for issues relating to day-to-day patient care
- Assess and treat the side effects of radiation treatment on patients
- Effectively communicate with relatives, nursing, allied health and radiation therapy team members
- Spend time with consultants for educational sessions and attend in-services presentations
- Participate in in-service and radiation oncology journal club
- Attend all relevant educational sessions organised by RANZCR or the hospital
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate with clarity both verbally (face-to-face and telephone) and written
- Demonstrate effective and appropriate interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate the ability to continually develop both personally and professional to meet the changing needs of your career and industry
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellent service
- Be open to new ideas and information
- Have an interest and desire to help people
- Registration with AHRPA
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. A covering letter and resume must be attached.