- Permanent Full-Time Position in Cairns
- Successful and Innovative Company
- Supportive and Nurturing Team
- Relocation assistance for the right candidate
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 16 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Radiation Therapist to join our innovative and dynamic team in Cairns. The primary purpose of the position is to provide quality radiation therapy planning and treatment as prescribed by a Radiation Oncologist using techniques such as VMAT, DIBH, and SABR. In the coming months, Cairns will be installing two new linear accelerators and expanding our service capability.
Based at our site in Cairns, this is a permanent full-time position, working within the hours 6am to 6pm Monday to Friday. This role reports to the Clinical Lead Radiation Therapist and will be rostered to work 76 hours per fortnight, with fortnightly RDOs and 5-weeks annual leave. Rotating roster through treatment and planning/CT simulation on a regular basis to continually upskill in a broad range of sites.
Continued professional development is strongly supported with dedicated CPD leave and allowance for all radiation therapists, a national in-service program, and education/training advisors available to support career progression and aspiration. Icon proudly celebrates individual and team success through our internal Rewards & Recognition program.
Cairns is a beautiful tropical location, where the rainforest meets the reef. There are plenty of local attractions to explore, or just relax and enjoy the sunshine. Direct domestic flights to most capital cities make it such an accessible place to live.
New or soon-to-be graduates are encouraged to apply, and relocation assistance will be considered for the right candidate.
About the people we’re going to hire:
Our dynamic and innovative teams collaborate closely to maintain a team focus on providing cutting edge radiation therapy techniques and driving a culture of excellence. We are looking for someone who is highly enthusiastic about providing exemplary patient care, motivated to develop their career, and quick to adapt in a supportive environment. If you a looking to fast-track your career in a beautiful location, we want to hear from you.
- Deliver high quality radiation therapy planning and treatment services to patients.
- Maintain the highest standards of patient care and continually enhance the quality of service and patient experience
- Liaise with members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure patient needs are met in a timely manner
- Treat all patients and their carers with respect and equality maintaining dignity at all times
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated commitment to the delivery of high-quality radiation therapy services
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to represent Icon in a strong and positive manner to all stakeholders.
- Ability to adhere to clinical protocols and procedures.
- Valid General Registration with AHPRA as a radiation therapist
- Valid Queensland Health license to use a radiation source
- Adequate professional indemnity insurance as required by AHPRA
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. A covering letter and resume must be attached.