- Successful and Progressive Company
- Supportive and Collaborative Team Environment
- Permanent full time and fixed 12 month full time positions available
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced Radiation Therapist to join our Bowen site at the Bowen Hospital. The primary purpose of the position is to provide quality radiation therapy planning and treatment as prescribed by a Radiation Oncologist. Reporting to the Clinical Lead RT this full time permanent position and 12month contract role are both76 hours per fortnight on a 9 days per fortnight roster.
- Deliver high quality radiation therapy planning and treatment services to patients.
- Maintain exceptional standards of patient care and continually enhance the quality of service and patient experience
- Liaise with members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure patient needs are met in a timely manner
- Treat all patients and their carers, family and whanāu with respect and equality, maintaining dignity at all times
About the people we’re going to hire:
Our dynamic and innovative teams collaborate closely to maintain a team focus on providing cutting edge radiation therapy techniques. We are looking for someone who is highly enthusiastic, motivated and quick to adapt in a supportive environment.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of high quality radiation therapy services
- Apply effective communication and interpersonal skills to represent Bowen Icon in a strong and positive manner to all stakeholders.
- Ability to adhere to clinical protocols and procedures.
- Current full scope of practice in New Zealand as a radiation therapist (or the ability to acquire).
Bowen Icon Cancer Centre, located onsite at Bowen Hospital in Wellington, is our first cancer care service in New Zealand. We are part of Icon Group; a large and distinguished dedicated cancer care provider with dozens of centres throughout Australia and with a growing reach into Asia. The group has cancer care services across day oncology hospitals, radiation oncology centres as well as centres offering medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof.
We are dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care and are proud of the service we are providing to the Wellington community and beyond. We support our team by providing a generous CPD allowance and professional development opportunities in an ideal environment to progress your career with an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About Evolution Healthcare
One of New Zealand’s leading private providers of healthcare services, Evolution Healthcare owns and operates Wakefield and Bowen Hospitals in Wellington, and Royston Hospital in Hawke’s Bay.
With a partnership with Icon Group based in Brisbane, Australia, Evolution Healthcare also delivers private oncology services at Bowen Icon Cancer Centre in Wellington.
Evolution Healthcare also have investments in Endoscopy Auckland, Laparoscopy Auckland, Grace Hospital Tauranga, Proactive, and Birthcare Auckland.
Evolution Healthcare’s aim is to be the preferred provider of private healthcare services, chosen by leading specialists, major health insurers, patients and their families. This is demonstrated through commitment to developing and growing their hospitals and continuously investing in the latest technology, while being a leader in their sector.
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link. A covering letter and resume must be attached.