Registered Nurse - Icon Cancer Centre, Maitland NSW
Join the Nursing Team at our Brand New Cancer Centre, Co-Located with Maitland Private Hospital – Opening Mid-October 2021.
Key Points – The Opportunity
- Develop your Career in Oncology Nursing within a Highly Innovative, Research-Focussed, Rapidly Expanding Company.
- Be Part of a Growing Integrated Oncology Hospital Campus, Delivering Comprehensive Cancer Services to the Local Community.
- Deliver Exceptional Patient Care with Cutting-Edge Technology and Therapy Techniques.
- Permanent Part-Time Position, Maitland, NSW Location. Mon-Fri, 30 hours per Fortnight
This is an excellent opportunity to join the local community and contribute to Icon and Maitland Private Hospital’s vision to become the premier integrated oncology hospital in the area. We work with purpose at a fast pace, and we genuinely appreciate that all contributions make an impact. Our work is always important and not always easy, and we know the secret ingredient is our incredible, supportive people.
Our vision is to deliver the best care possible, to as many people as possible, as close to home as possible.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into Asia and New Zealand. With over 700 employees, our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 16 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres, integrating medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy, offering a uniquely comprehensive suite of services for cancer patients.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We are seeking a part time Registered Nurse to join our new team in Maitland, New South Wales. The purpose of this position is to provide individualised safe quality care to all patients and their families and carers.
- Demonstrating optimal knowledge and clinical skill base to deliver evidence based patient centred care within the radiation oncology setting.
- Providing a physical and psychological environment for patients in their care that promotes safety, security and optimal health.
- Communicating effectively with patients/families/carers and colleagues and documenting relevant information.
- Anticipating and responding to the needs of the radiation oncology patient and effectively managing their care.
- Understanding and practicing within own scope of practice.
- Support the Nurse Manager in day-to-day operations
- Support a high performance culture that delivers quality patient care services through a patient centric and collaborative approach
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
About the people we're going to hire:
Icon is committed to providing exemplary patient care and radiation therapy services to the community. Our dynamic and innovative teams collaborate closely to maintain a team focus on providing cutting edge radiation therapy techniques. We are looking for candidates who are highly enthusiastic, motivated and quick to adapt in a supportive environment. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor of Nursing.
- Hold current registration with AHPRA.
- Recent experience in radiation oncology nursing is highly favourable.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the provision of exceptional patient care.
- Demonstrate the capacity to work effectively and positively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of high quality patient care and service.
- Adhere to protocols and procedures.
- Apply effective communication and interpersonal skills to represent Icon in a strong and positive manner to all stakeholders.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.