Registered Nurse - Icon Cancer Centre, Moorabbin VIC
Join the Nursing Team at our Brand New Cancer Centre, Co-located with Holmesglen Private Hospital – Opening Late 2021.
Key Points – The Opportunity
- Develop your Career within a Highly Innovative, Patient-Focused, Rapidly Expanding Company.
- Be Part of a Growing Integrated Hospital Campus, Delivering Comprehensive Cancer Services to the Local Community.
- Deliver Exceptional Patient Care with a Supportive, Multi-Disciplinary Team.
- Permanent Part Time Position, Opportunity for 30 to 60 hours per Fortnight on a Monday to Friday day roster South East Melbourne Location
This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the establishment of a new radiation therapy service and take advantage of the enormous opportunities this will undoubtedly provide.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into Asia and New Zealand. With over 700 employees, our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 16 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres, integrating medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy, offering a uniquely comprehensive suite of services for cancer patients.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We are seeking a full time Registered Nurse to join our new team in Moorabbin, Victoria. The purpose of this position is to provide individualized safe quality care to all patients and their families and carers, supporting them physically and emotionally throughout their treatment. This role suits someone who values meaningful patient interaction and the recognises the importance of a smiling face during a difficult time.
- Demonstrating optimal knowledge and clinical skill base to deliver evidence based patient centred care within the radiation oncology setting
- Providing a physical and psychological environment for patients in their care that promotes safety, security and optimal health
- Communicating effectively with patients/families/carers and colleagues and documenting relevant information
- Anticipating and responding to the needs of the radiation oncology patient and effectively managing their care
- Understanding and practicing within own scope of practice
About the people we're going to hire:
Icon is committed to providing exemplary patient care and radiation therapy services to the community. Our dynamic and innovative teams collaborate closely to maintain a team focus on providing the highest quality patient centred care. We are looking for candidates who are highly enthusiastic, motivated and quick to adapt in a supportive environment. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor of Nursing.
- Hold current registration with AHPRA.
- Recent experience in oncology nursing is highly favourable.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the provision of exceptional patient care.
- Have a good understanding of the service delivery model within the public and private healthcare sectors.
- Demonstrate the capacity to work effectively and positively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of high quality patient care and service.
- Adhere to protocols and procedures.
- Apply effective communication and interpersonal skills to represent Icon in a strong and positive manner to all stakeholders.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.