Registered Nurse – Bowen Icon Cancer Centre, Te Whare Haumanu o te Mate Pukupuku, Wellington
- Develop your Oncology Nursing Career within a Highly Innovative, Rapidly Expanding Company with Attractive and Varied Career Pathways
- Deliver Exceptional Patient Care with a Supportive and Collaborative Team and receive Radiation & Medical Oncology Exposure
- Permanent Full-Time, State-of-the-Art Facilities, Crofton Downs, Wellington
This is an opportunity to join a community that truly holds human connections close to heart. We work with purpose at a fast pace, and we genuinely appreciate that all contributions make an impact. Our work is always important and not always easy, and we know the secret ingredient is our incredible, supportive people.
Kōrero mō te tūranga, About the Role:
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our team on a full-time basis, Monday to Friday. Based at our world class cancer centre in Wellington, this role reports to the Nurse Manager and is responsible for providing radiation and medical oncology nursing care to our patients.
- Contribute expert advice and demonstrate contemporary nursing knowledge and skill in oncology nursing practice in accordance with current legislation and professional standards and codes of practice.
- Support the Nurse Manager in the day to day operations.
- Administer chemotherapy and supportive care treatments.
- Support a high performance culture that delivers quality patient care services through a patient centric and collaborative approach.
- Work in a multidisciplinary team to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care of patients.
- Manage and educate patients undergoing radiation therapy.
- Learn new skills and be at the forefront of cancer treatment in New Zealand.
About the person we’re going to hire:
To ensure our integrated cancer centre delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their whānau, doctors, our staff and visitors, we are seeking a candidate who consistently demonstrates values aligned to those of the organisation, flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Recent experience in Medical Oncology and/or Haematology Nursing
- NZ Registered Nurse with the Nursing Council of New Zealand and hold a current practicing certificate.
- Competency with chemotherapy administration.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the provision of exceptional patient care.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of high quality patient care and service.
Me pēhea te tuku tono, How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a government public health order, direction and/or regulation is applicable to the workplace and the role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.
E pā ana ki a tatou – About us
Oncology New Zealand Ltd celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds. Oncology New Zealand Ltd is a joint venture partnership between Icon Group and Evolution Healthcare Ltd.