Registered Nurse – Icon Cancer Centre Townsville, QLD
Join the Nursing Team and Provide Personalised Cancer Care at our Townsville Centre
- Develop your Oncology Nursing Career within a Highly Innovative, Patient-Focused and Rapidly Expanding International Cancer Treatment Group
- Join a Friendly & Supportive Team and Provide Exemplary Medical Oncology Nursing and Patient Support
- Permanent Part-Time Role (Monday – Friday Clinic Hours) – Townsville, QLD
This is an opportunity to join a community that truly holds human connections close to heart. We work with purpose at a fast pace, and we genuinely appreciate that all contributions make an impact. Our work is always important and not always easy, and we know the secret ingredient is our incredible, supportive people. If this sounds like the environment and position for you, we’re ready to have you join the team as soon as possible!
At Icon, we genuinely love seeing our nurses develop careers that bring joy and fulfillment into their lives. We know that the happiness of our employees is imperative to foster a culture that brings quality cancer care to those who need it most, when they need it most and where they need it most. We want you to succeed while you help us succeed.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 17 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Learn about the services offered at our Townsville Centre: https://iconcancercentre.com.au/centre/townsville/
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our team at the Icon Cancer Centre Townsville, on a permanent part time basis. This position will report to the Nurse Manager and will focus on the delivery of exceptional personalised cancer care to patients and their families.
- Contribute expert advice and demonstrate contemporary nursing knowledge and skill in oncology nursing practice in accordance with current legislation and professional standards and codes of practice.
- Monitoring and administering medication and intravenous infusions.
- Patient assessment, observation and education including expert management of treatment related side effects.
- Inserting and care of peripheral and central access devices.
- Assisting doctors with procedures and providing pre and post procedure care and education.
- Maintaining and updating patients written and electronic records.
- Providing emotional support to patients, families and carers.
- Support the Nurse Manager in the day to day operations.
- Support a high performance culture that delivers quality patient care services through a patient centric and collaborative approach.
About the person we’re going to hire:
To ensure our cancer centre delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors, we are seeking a candidate who consistently demonstrates values aligned to those of the organisation, flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude. Experience in IV cannulation, knowledge of chemotherapy and supportive therapies is preferred but not essential.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Current AHPRA registration.
- Knowledge and experience in Day Oncology nursing is highly favourable.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the provision of exceptional patient care.
- Experience in a high acuity setting.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and positively as a member of the multidisciplinary team.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.