Registered Nurse – Icon Cancer Centre Gold Coast, QLD
- Develop your Oncology Nursing Career within a Highly Innovative, Patient-Focused and Rapidly Expanding International Cancer Treatment Group
- Join a Friendly & Supportive Multi-Disciplinary Team and Provide Exemplary Radiation Oncology Nursing and Patient Support
- Internal Development Avenues
- 6 Month Contract, Part Time Role (~34 Hour Fortnight), Monday-Friday Shifts – Gold Coast University Hospital, QLD
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 17 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Learn More about ICON Cancer Gold Coast University Hospital - https://iconcancercentre.com.au/centre/gold-coast-university-hospital/
About the Role:
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our team at our Icon Cancer Centre Gold Coast on a 6 Month Contract (Part-Time Hours). Reporting to the Nurse Manager, the overall description of this role is to provide high quality nursing support for our radiation oncology patients.
- Provision of patient centred radiation oncology cancer care to our patients and their families, ensuring an empathetic approach to patients needs are met in a timely manner.
- Monitor and treat patients for illness, lymphoedema or other side effects.
- Maintain standards by ensuring best practice protocols and clinical guidelines are implemented and followed.
- Support implementation of new systems, therapies and clinical trials.
- Actively motivate others and maintain an environment of continuous quality improvement.
About the person we’re going to hire:
To ensure our integrated cancer centre delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors, we are seeking a candidate who consistently demonstrates values aligned to those of the organisation, flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Hold current registration with AHPRA.
- Recent experience in Radiation Oncology/Oncology Nursing is highly desirable but not essential and training will be provided as part of induction
- Demonstrate a commitment to the provision of exceptional patient care.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of high quality patient care and service.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.