Registered Nurse – Icon Cancer Centre Canberra, ACT
- Develop your Oncology Nursing Career within a Highly Innovative, Patient-Focused and Rapidly Expanding International Cancer Treatment Group
- Join a Friendly & Supportive Multi-Disciplinary Team and Provide Exemplary Medical Oncology Nursing and Patient Support
- Competitive REM, 5 Weeks Annual Leave (Pro rata), PD Allowance
- Permanent Part Time, & Full-Time 12 Mth Contract available, Monday-Friday Shifts Only – Bruce, ACT
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 17 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Learn about our Canberra centre here: https://iconcancercentre.com.au/centre/canberra/
About the Role:
We have two opportunities for Registered Nurses to join our team on either a part time (permanent), or full-time (12 Month Contract) basis at our Icon Cancer Centre in Canberra. Reporting to the Nurse Manager, the overall description of this role is to provide high quality nursing support for our day hospital medical oncology patients.
- Contribute expert advice and demonstrate contemporary nursing knowledge and skill in oncology nursing practice in accordance with current legislation and professional standards and codes of practice
- Monitoring and administering medication and intravenous infusions
- Opportunity to be trained and subsequently provide apheresis
- Patient assessment, observation and education including expert management of treatment related side effects
- Inserting and care of peripheral and central access devices
- Assisting doctors with procedures and providing pre and post procedure care and education
- Maintaining and updating patients written and electronic records
- Providing emotional support to patients, families and carers
- Support the Nurse Manager in the day to day operations
- Support a high performance culture that delivers quality patient care services through a patient centric and collaborative approach
About the person we’re going to hire:
To ensure our integrated cancer centre delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors, we are seeking a candidate who consistently demonstrates values aligned to those of the organisation, flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Current AHPRA registration.
- Knowledge and experience in Day Oncology nursing is highly favourable.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the provision of exceptional patient care.
- Experience in a high acuity setting.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously and positively as a member of the multidisciplinary team.
At Icon, we genuinely love seeing our nurses develop careers that bring joy and fulfillment into their lives. We know that the happiness of our employees is imperative to foster a culture that brings quality cancer care to those who need it most, when they need it most and where they need it most.
The Icon Cancer Centre Canberra is well positioned to help and support you throughout your career. This centre is a great place to hone your Oncology Nursing skills and experience, with a friendly and experienced team there to support you every step of the way. The centre comprises Medical and Radiation Oncology, Haematology and Lymphoedema Screening services. Progression is a big thing at Icon, and we’re always helping our RN’s learn and level up.
We also offer an attractive development allowance program that can be utilised for things such as post-graduate degrees to help you get where you would like to go. We’ve got centres all over Australia, and centres in New Zealand & across ASIA. There are endless opportunities at Icon, and we genuinely love to see people putting up their hand to keep learning, moving, achieving and succeeding.
If this sounds like the environment and position for you, we’re ready to have you join the team as soon as possible!
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.