Registered Nurse (Day Oncology) – Icon Integrated Cancer Centre, North Lakes, QLD
Key Points – The Opportunity
- Develop your Medical Oncology Nursing Skills within a Highly Innovative, Patient-Focused, Comprehensive Cancer Centre.
- Join a Friendly & Supportive Multi-Disciplinary Team
- 12-Month Contract, Part Time Position (No Weekends) – North Lakes, QLD
This is an opportunity to join a community that truly holds human connections close to heart. We work with purpose at a fast pace, and we genuinely appreciate that all contributions make an impact. Our work is always important and not always easy, and we know the secret ingredient is our incredible, supportive people.
If this sounds like the environment and position for you, we’re ready to have you join the team as soon as possible!
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 16 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Day Oncology trained Registered Nurse to join our integrated centre in North Lakes on a part-time, 12 month contract. This position will report to the Nurse Unit Manager and will focus on the delivery of exceptional personalised cancer care to patients and their families within our Medical Oncology Division.
- Contribute expert advice and demonstrate contemporary nursing knowledge and skill in oncology nursing practice in accordance with current legislation and professional standards and codes of practice
- Monitoring and administering medication and intravenous infusions
- Patient assessment, observation and education including expert management of treatment related side effects
- Inserting and care of peripheral and central access devices
- Assisting doctors with procedures and providing pre and post procedure care and education
- Maintaining and updating patients written and electronic records
- Providing emotional support to patients, families and carers
- Support the Nurse Manager in the day to day operations
- Support a high performance culture that delivers quality patient care services through a patient centric and collaborative approach
About the person we’re going to hire:
To ensure our integrated cancer centre delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors, we are seeking a candidate who consistently demonstrates values aligned to those of the organisation, flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude. Experience in IV cannulation, knowledge of chemotherapy and supportive therapies is preferred but not essential.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Current AHPRA registration.
- Knowledge and experience in Day Oncology nursing is highly favourable.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the provision of exceptional patient care.
- Experience in a high acuity setting.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously and positively as a member of the multidisciplinary team in a fast paced environment.
- CVAD management skills preferred.
- IV Cannulation skills preferred.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please attach a cover letter and resume to your application using the ‘Apply’ button.