- Friendly and supportive team
- Ongoing professional development opportunities for career progression
- Permanent Part Time Position – Auchenflower Location
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide opportunities within an ideal environment to develop your experience, and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the role:
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our Wesley day hospital located in Auchenflower, QLD. The overall purpose of this position is to provide individualized safe quality care to all patients and their families / carers. This part-time role reports to the Nurse Manager and will work 48 hours/fortnight on a rotating roster Monday to Friday.
Day Hospital opening hours 0700 -1900hrs.
Working at Icon Cancer Care
Working within a team of enthusiastic and highly motivated cancer nurses you will:
- Provide exceptional cancer care to our patients and their families
- Deliver an unparalleled patient experience
- Administer chemotherapy and supportive care treatments
- Learn new skills and be at the forefront of cancer treatment in Australia
In return you will be offered competitive remuneration and employment conditions, a staff recognition program, education and learning support and the opportunity to be part of a supportive and dynamic team.
About the person we’re going to hire:
We are looking for either an experienced oncology Registered Nurse looking for a fresh challenge or a highly motivated Registered Nurse looking to enhance their existing skills in a very supportive and friendly environment. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Skills and Experience:
To join our team, you should meet the following requirements:
- Genuine interest in cancer care nursing
- Current nursing registration with AHPRA
- Minimum of 2 years acute nursing experience
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment whilst maintaining good working relationships
- Commitment to learning and continual professional development
- Commitment to safety and quality
- Competency in chemotherapy administration
- Cannulation and central venous access device skills
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about providing quality patient care, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, dynamic work environment, career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below a covering letter and resume must be attached.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.