About Slade Pharmacy:
Established over 50 years ago, Slade Pharmacy is a progressive and well-respected leader in the pharmacy industry. We integrate hospital, community and compounding pharmacy services to the oncology sector and private hospitals across New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland.
Part of something bigger:
We are part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest and fastest growing integrated cancer care provider with an emerging presence in New Zealand, Singapore and China. Therefore, we follow and live by the same values of Innovate, Connect, On-Purpose, Energy and Nurture.
Why choose us?
We are truly dedicated to providing genuine patient-centred care and what unites us is the community we have built. Icon's future success depends on the quality and commitment of our team, so we are devoted to empowering our people to thrive in their career through personal and professional growth and development.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Travel allowance
- Paid parental leave
- Informative training
- Professional development opportunity
About the role:
Permanent full-time opportunity available to join our growing pharmacy group. You will predominantly be based on site at the Epworth Private Hospital in Richmond. However, you will be required to travel to other sites across Melbourne to deliver optimum patient centred pharmaceutical care.
This is a fantastic opportunity to partner with clinical teams across numerous highly regarded and fast-paced private hospitals. You will also have the opportunity to upskill yourself by working in specialised areas such as sterile compounding and oncology and clinical pharmacy.
- Conduct medication chart reviews and medication reconciliation
- Dispense and supply medication and pharmacy products
- Coordinate patient medication requirements for inpatient stay, day infusions and discharge
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders to ensure excellent customer service to clients and patients
- Support patients, carers, hospital staff and associated employees
- Educate and advise staff and customers on health promotion, disease prevention, drug selection and the proper use of medicines
As a patient-focused individual, you will be flexible and adaptable. You will also have strong attention to detail while being able to work autonomously and within a diverse team structure.
Skills & Experience:
- Current Pharmacist registration with AHPRA
- Previous experience working as a pharmacist in an Australian based pharmacy
- Strong knowledge of Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
How to Apply?
If this sound like the role for you, please apply now and attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.