Are you a Dispensary Technician wanting to deliver care across various hospital services with a growing company and connected, successful team?
At Icon. You Can.
“As a Dispensary Technician with Slade Pharmacy, I’ve built a career I’m proud of. Every day I make a positive impact on the lives of the people who need me. Here it’s more than just a job. It’s an honour to help my community.”
Mary Jones, Dispensary Technician
We are looking for a Full Time Dispensary Technician to join us at Slade Pharmacy based at the highly regarded Epworth Hospital in Richmond, you’ll make a daily difference to the lives of people in the local community. You’ll deliver exceptional pharmacy services for our client hospitals and their patients. And you’ll do it with an innovative, multidisciplinary team of
connected, caring people.
Gain the chance to further diversify your career in pharmacy and be exposed to a variety of multidisciplinary services including hospital and compounding. Working Monday – Friday you will be based onsite at the Epworth Hospital in Richmond. You will be required to travel to our pharmacies across Melbourne in order to cover blocks of planned and unplanned leave.
In this role, you’ll:
- Receive, dispense and supply medications for hospital inpatients and outpatients
- Assist in processing and maintaining imprest levels, and managing hospital ward stock
- Reconcile and manage scripts
- Provide support to patients, carers and hospital staff
- Process PBS claims and assist in producing medication profiles for patients on discharge
- Confidently complete administrative and record keeping duties
Slade Pharmacy integrates hospital, community and compounding pharmacy services to the oncology sector and private hospitals across NSW, Victoria and Queensland. We have a strong track record of technological innovation and are a lead provider of medication management services.
We’re a proud part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest provider of end-to-end cancer care.
A career with us brings you:
Purpose, at Pace
We know that as a Dispensary Technician, you’ll want to improve the quality of life for as many people as you can – and you’ll achieve that here. This can be a busy role and there’s always plenty to do. But we never lose sight of the importance of what we do, every single day.
Impact, at Scale
Through your attention to detail and ability to individualise customer service and care, you’ll help countless people in your local community and beyond. Working with us you’ll know that your contribution goes further - Icon Group delivers 2.5 million patient interactions, in 120 places, in 5
Connection, at Heart
You’ll be working alongside a dedicated team who are committed to outcomes. Structured training and support will be provided for you to succeed.
Opportunity, at Hand
We’re growing and evolving every day - so the sky really is the limit on where you can go with us. Whether it’s professional development, a promotion, or a move to a whole new area, there are so many chances to grow. Just put up your hand.
Put simply, At Icon. You Can.
Who are we looking for?
- Be driven by the desire to have a positive impact on another person’s life
- Have time management, communication and teamwork skills
- Embrace change and commit to learning
- Be proficient in using FRED dispense
- Have knowledge of the PBS
- Have strong customer service skills and an understanding of Point of Sale Systems (POS)
- Be adaptable with the ability to prioritise your workload
- Value attention to detail and able to work autonomously
- Valid drivers licence and access to your own transport is required for this role
- Minimum 2 years of dispensing experience in an Australian based hospital or community pharmacy
- Dispensary Technician Certificate or equivalent as recognised by the Pharmacy Board of Australia
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join Slade Pharmacy, and what makes you a great fit for the role.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.