Why choose us?
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 2,500 employees company-wide, the Group’s cancer services include over 30 cancer centres, 3 large chemotherapy compounding facilities and over 50 pharmacies across Australia.
We are truly dedicated to providing genuine patient-centred care and what unites us is the community we have built. Icon’s future success depends on the quality and commitment of our team, so we are devoted to empowering our people to thrive in their career through personal and professional growth and development.
- Valued rewards program and staff benefits
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working arrangements
- Informative training programs
- Focus on professional development
- Paid parental leave
About Icon Research:
Icon offers Australia’s largest private cancer clinical trials program. We have over 100 clinical trials open for recruitment and over 500 patients currently on active trials across haematology, medical oncology and radiation oncology and conduct trials from phase I through to phase III.
About the role:
This is a newly created opportunity to be part of a well-established and growing research team in Icon Cancer Centre at the Wesley Hospital. Working on a permanent full-time basis, you will be responsible for leading research operations in medical oncology and haematology to provide patients with a current, comprehensive and holistic approach to their treatment.
This is an exciting opportunity to focus on the operational and educational aspect of clinical trials, while being at the forefront of the patient’s needs.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of clinical trial activity and line management of research staff in medical oncology, haematology, integrated technologies and investigator initiated studies in phase I to phase III at Icon Cancer Centre Wesley
- Ensure highest level Investigator support and engagement to drive a robust clinical trial program that meets key KPIs for patient recruitment
- Support Investigators in the selection of new trials for ICC Wesley
- Work closely with the Icon Cancer Centre site manager to ensure clinical trials is seamlessly embedded into site operations
- Assist in streamlining processes to ensure the highest quality and efficiency of research activity and trial management is performed at all times and to all applicable research regulatory and quality standards
- Develop and coordinate additional education and development specifically around research processes and practices for allocated research staff
- Enhance the quality of learning and professional development within your team and assist in the standardization of practices across these clinics in collaboration with the research quality team
We are seeking a driven individual who is eager to further expand their career and take ownership of clinical trial operations at ICC Wesley. You will have high attention to detail and the ability to efficiently prioritise your workload. You will also have the ability to build strong working relationships with internal staff and key stakeholders, as well as a passion for mentorship, education and problem solving. Finally, you will be able to demonstrate a solid understanding and background in people leadership.
- Bachelors degree in relevant health sciences / allied health field OR registered / enrolled nursing qualification with appropriate registration
- Experience as a clinical trial coordinator in the clinical haematology, medical oncology or radiation oncology fields
- Current driver’s license
How to apply?
If you are interested in joining our team, please directly apply to the advertisement and attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.