At Icon. You Can.
We are seeking a full-time Pharmacist who is eager to get out from behind the counter and truly engage with patients. You will gain the opportunity to support a reputable and major IVF clinic and assist with unique professional services, for the Epworth Hospital at our large and innovative pharmacy.
Based at our large retail pharmacy in Richmond you’ll further diversify your career in pharmacy having the opportunity to upskill supporting one of Melbourne’s major IVF clinics at the Epworth Private Hospital. We provide our staff with extensive training in the fertility realm and in turn, our staff provide the best support for our patients and our clinics. There are always opportunities to expand your knowledge and skill set as we have satellite pharmacies within the clinics which are operated by our diversified team of pharmacists. The role is unique as it does not just include IVF and fertility services as we are attached to the Epworth Hospital and our pharmacists are required to provide discharge medication counselling. We also compound sterile men’s health and fertility products, and our pharmacists provide counselling on these items.
In this role, you’ll:
- Dispense and supply medication and pharmacy products
- Provide education and training to our fertility patients
- Prepare and counsel patients on their discharge medications
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders (IVF clinics, doctors, nurses) to ensure excellent customer service to clients and patients
- Monitor the accuracy of prescriptions dispensed by pharmacy technicians
- Support and counsel patients, carers, and associated employees
- Educate and advise staff and customers on health promotion, disease prevention, drug selection and the proper use of medicines
Slade Pharmacy integrates hospital, community and compounding pharmacy services to the oncology sector and private hospitals across NSW, Victoria and Queensland. We have a strong track record of technological innovation and are a lead provider of medication management services.
We’re a proud part of Icon Group, Australia’s largest provider of end-to-end cancer care.
A career with us brings you:
Purpose, at Pace
We know that as a pharmacist, you’ll want to improve the quality of life for as many people as you can – and you’ll achieve that here. This can be a busy role and there’s always plenty to do. But we never lose sight of the importance of what we do, every single day.
Impact, at Scale
Through your attention to detail and ability to individualise customer service and care, you’ll help countless people in your local community and beyond. Working with us you’ll know that your contribution goes further - Icon Group delivers 2.5 million patient interactions, in 120 places, in 5
Connection, at Heart
You’ll be working alongside a dedicated team who are committed to outcomes. Structured training and support will be provided for you to succeed.
Opportunity, at Hand
We’re growing and evolving every day - so the sky really is the limit on where you can go with us. Whether it’s professional development, a promotion, or a move to a whole new area, there are so many chances to grow. Just put up your hand.
Put simply, At Icon. You Can.
Who are we looking for?
- Be a self-motivated AHPRA registered pharmacist who is keen to join a vibrant and growing team
- Have an eagerness to learn, using your previous experience in an Australian-based pharmacy to contribute to patient care
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about providing patients with knowledge and skills to see them through their health journey
- Have time management, communication and teamwork skills
- Be flexible and adaptable working with a multi-disciplinary team
- Embrace change and commit to learning
- Value attention to detail and able to work autonomously and multi-task
- Minimum 2 years of dispensing experience in an Australian based hospital or community pharmacy
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join us, and what makes you a great fit for the role.