Scientist – Slade Health
- Dynamic and Supportive Work Environment
- Be Part of An Exciting New Analytical Team from Inception to Operation
- Undertake physicochemical and biological studies of compounded medicines
- Contribute to ongoing compliant laboratory operation in a GMP environment
- Permanent Full-Time Position – Mt Kuring-gai, NSW Location
Slade Health is a national provider of aseptically compounded chemotherapy, antibiotics and analgesic medicines. It operates TGA Licensed manufacturing facilities in Victoria, Queensland and New South Wales.
About the Role:
This newly created role of Scientist will be part of Slade Health’s analytical team and work in Slade Health’s new analytical laboratory. In this role your work will support the compounded products and manufacturing activities of Slade Health’s compounding facilities.
In this position you will be involved in:
- Qualification of a newly built and equipped analytical laboratory
- Stability studies of complex biological molecules (monoclonal antibodies and antibody drug conjugates), and simple chemical molecules (cytotoxics, antibiotics and analgesics)
- Testing of environmental monitoring chemical residue samples
- Testing of drug infusion devices to confirm performance to specification
- Maintaining the laboratory’s quality management systems and procedures
- Ongoing calibration and certification activities
- Literature review of published stability data
- Generation of scientific reports
- Candidate must have a degree in Cell and Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical, or other biological/analytical discipline.
- You will ideally be familiar with the strict requirements of GMP.
- You will be able to prioritise workloads to ensure that desired outcomes are achieved to challenging deadlines.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
- You will have good attention to detail, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
- Understanding of basic scientific principles and theories for plate based immunological methods like ELISA, protein binding assays, gel-based assays.
- Experience working with antibodies and ADCs.
- Experience working with one or more of following methods: ELISA, SDS-PAGE, UV-Vis, cell culture and cell-based assays.
- Experience with analytical techniques like HPLC (SEC, HIC, CIEX, RP), CZE, SDS CE and physical analysis techniques including sub visible particles/ microscopy will be a plus.
How to Apply:
Have you ticked the above boxes? Are you ready for a new challenge? If you think you have the qualities we are looking for, then we want to hear from you! Please apply by clicking on the Apply link. A covering letter and resume must be attached.
Further information on our business can be found on our website www.sladehealth.com.au
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.