Why choose us?
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 2,500 employees company-wide, the Group’s cancer services include over 30 cancer centres, 3 large chemotherapy compounding facilities and over 50 pharmacies across Australia.
We are truly dedicated to providing genuine patient-centred care and what unites us is the community we have built. Icon’s future success depends on the quality and commitment of our team, so we are devoted to empowering our people to thrive in their career through personal and professional growth and development.
- Valued rewards program and staff benefits
- Step towards leadership
- Flexible working arrangements
- Informative training and professional development opportunity
- Paid parental leave
About the role:
Permanent full-time position to join within our collaborative research team based in Icon Cancer Centre at the Wesley Hospital. You will be responsible for leading research activities in medical oncology and haematology.
This is an exciting opportunity to step away from the administrative side of clinical trials and focus more on the operational and educational aspect while being at the forefront of the patient’s needs. You will also get the opportunity to enhance your leadership skills and assist in mentoring the research team.
- Develop, facilitate and support the highest-level investigator engagement and ensure that Icon Investigators are able to deliver the highest quality clinical trials program
- Support the day-to-day management and coordination of workload associated with clinical trial activity for all research staff at site
- Act as the site liaison for Icon clinic staff, sponsor representatives, participants, investigators and external parties as required
- Manage all site-related clinical trial operations
- Work closely with the Icon Research Quality Specialist to implement and streamline processes to ensure that the highest quality and efficiency of research activity and trial management is achieved
- Continually seek out ways to improve clinical trial management
- Mentor, educate and train research staff, acting as a knowledge resource -and provide guidance around study coordination and disease specific considerations
- In conjunction with the Clinical Research Coordinator Team Lead, develop and manage additional education and development specifically around research processes and practices for research staff
We are seeking a driven individual who is eager to further expand their career and take ownership of all clinical trial matters. You will have high attention to detail and the ability to efficiently prioritise your workload. You will also have the ability to build strong working relationships with internal staff and key stakeholders, as well as a passion for mentorship, education and problem solving.
- Relevant clinical experience is required, nursing background is preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience in coordination of clinical research
- Previous experience in oncology, radiation therapy and/or haematology is necessary
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Current Driver’s License
How to apply?
If you are interested in joining our team, please directly apply to the advertisement and attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.