We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Senior HR Advisor to join our successful and expanding organisation in health care. Our HR team are heavily involved in projects and initiatives to support our 3000-strong workforce and the broader business. Bring your skills and experience to add significant value to these projects, also communicating with influence across our business and providing an expert advisory service to employees and management on HR best practice.
- Manage employee relations matters and provide advice to managers with a focus on early intervention and risk mitigation to the organisation
- Resolve employee issues including conducting workplace investigations, managing grievances, claims and other disciplinary matters of varying complexity
- Advise, coach and lead on people related matters through every aspect of the employee life cycle
- Assist with industrial relations matters including enterprise agreement bargaining and the management of union right of entry processes, boot test calculations and market analysis
- Prepare and represent the organisation in employment matters referred to external agencies or tribunals (eg. Fair Work Commission conciliation conferences)
- Manage competing priorities, deadlines and inputs from multiple teams and stakeholders to deliver quality HR advice with a view to influencing positive organisational outcomes
- Support and advise the organisation in enterprise bargaining forums and negotiations
- Provide advice on the interpretation and application of Enterprise Agreements, industrial awards and employment contracts
What you’ll bring:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Business, Human Resources, Psychology, Employment Law or related field (desirable, not mandatory)
- Demonstrated experience working in a similar role
- Highly developed knowledge of contemporary HR practice, employment law and industrial instruments
- Demonstrated experience in industrial relations and an understanding of current legislation
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team
- Highly developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Icon is Australia’s largest and fastest growing integrated cancer care provider with an emerging presence in New Zealand, Singapore and China. The Group brings together all aspects of care from day oncology to radiation oncology, chemotherapy compounding and pharmacy for the benefit of patients. We are built on a strong but simple vision – to deliver the best care possible to as many people as possible, as close to home as possible.
At Icon our people are at the heart of our success. Everyone contributes in some way to easing the burden of cancer by living our five key values – energy, innovate, on-purpose, connect and nurture.
We are a values-driven organisation and our leaders are strong believers in empowering people to thrive in their career through personal and professional growth and development. With an emphasis on the inclusivity of people from a diverse range of backgrounds, we build solid relationships through open communication. We are professionals at what we do but still embrace a fun and collaborative culture, always celebrating our achievements and milestones.
How to apply:
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply now and attach a cover letter and resume to your application and make sure to let us know why the position is of interest to you. We also love video cover letters, so if you're comfortable trying something new, please give it a shot!