Here’s an incredible opportunity for an experienced leader to move into a permanent full-time Senior Operations Manager position with a leading international cancer care provider in Hong Kong.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Working closely with various stakeholders including doctors to achieve the organizational goals.
- Manage the volume and financial targets for assigned clinics and assist to develop and carry out business plans in conjunction with the COO to ensure that goals are reached.
- Oversee and record keeping of corporate contracts and vendors agreement (i.e. mapping out workflows and ensuring implementation on sites).
- Planning, budgeting, forecasting and ensure optimal use of resources and maintain costs containment through various means.
- Provide support to Nurse Managers with staff recruitment and retention to achieve a stable, skilled and motivated workforce and achieve the desired customer and business outcomes.
- Provide two-way communication between staff and management with timely dissemination of information, escalation of issues and recommended solutions.
- Support the site’s commitment to continuous quality improvement and achievement of accreditations.
- Participate in quality related meetings, committees, audits.
- Develop, implement, review and monitoring of effective, consistent policies.
- Work in accordance with the Department of Health for Hong Kong Clinics.
- Play an active role in any changes that are required in workflows or current practices.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- At least 5 years experience in a leadership position, preferably in a clinical or hospital setting.
- Highly developed analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Practical knowledge in clinic/hospital operations, strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work well in a fast paced environment collaboratively and independently.
- Demonstrate experience in dealing with and knowledge of the private health insurance claiming process.
- Knowledge of clinic or hospital management systems.
- Understanding of billing processes.
Icon Group is already Australia’s largest provider of cancer care, with a growing reach in Hong Kong, Singapore and China. The Group is built on a strong but simple vision to deliver the best care possible, to as many people as possible, as close to home as possible.
Our local team is made up of some of Hong Kong’s most highly experienced doctors specialising in cancer care. They are dedicated to delivering exceptional, personalised cancer care to our patients every day. There are four centres in Hong Kong providing oncology services and colorectal surgery.
Our integrated, end-to-end service model leverages the strengths of a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to achieve this mission. Our businesses encompass all aspects of quality cancer care. With a strong focus on innovation and investment in technology based solutions, as well as partnerships with peak international bodies such as the Union for International Cancer Control, Icon is proudly at the forefront of addressing the global cancer burden.
Icon Cancer Centre provides a holistic approach to cancer care, aligning each stage of a patient’s cancer journey with the information and support they need from diagnosis, through to treatment and beyond. At Icon, we believe that cancer treatment is a collaborative effort that requires the support of many people working towards one goal – to provide our patients with care and support every step of the way.