Senior Radiation Therapist – Icon Cancer Centre Hobart
- Join a Reputable and Progressive Company
- Delivering the Latest in Radiation Therapy Techniques
- 12 Month Contract Position – Hobart Location
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Senior Radiation Therapist to join our innovative and dynamic team at Hobart on a full time, 76 hours per fortnight. Reporting to the Radiation Therapy Manager, you will provide quality radiation therapy planning and treatment as prescribed by the Radiation Oncologist.
- Provide effective leadership and management to the Radiation Therapist team
- Establish and maintain the highest standards and continually enhance the quality of service and patient experience.
- Exhibit strong decision-making abilities.
- Ensure adherence to departments protocols and procedures to deliver safe and efficient service with exceptional patient care.
- Support the Clinical Lead Radiation Therapist in the operational management of planning and treatment.
About the person we're going to hire:
To ensure our Hobart cancer centre delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors; we are seeking candidates who consistently demonstrate values aligned to those of the organisation and in addition, flexibility and a 'can-do' attitude. We are looking for someone who is highly enthusiastic, motivated and quick to adapt in a supportive environment. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrates a commitment to the provision of exceptional patient care
- Demonstrable capacity to work effectively and positively as a member of the Multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrates a commitment to the delivery of high quality radiation therapy services.
- Ability to adhere to clinical protocols and procedures.
- Apply effective communication and interpersonal skills to represent Icon in a strong and positive manner to all stakeholders.
- Current AHPRA radiation therapist registration
- Current Radiation License to use a radiation source
How to Apply:
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below. A cover letter and resume must be attached.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.