- Brand new Radiation Oncology Centre
- Permanent Full-Time Position – Tropical Cairns QLD Location
- Relocation assistance available
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. Our Australian cancer services division is made up of day oncology hospitals, radiation oncology centres and comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
We’re expanding our radiation therapy services in Cairns!
With the ability to work across two radiation oncology centres in Cairns; the soon to be operational world-class Private centre, and the established Cairns Hospital Liz Plummer Cancer Care Centre, this is a very exciting opportunity to step into a Senior Radiation Therapist role. Our systems will include two newly installed TrueBeam linear accelerators with an expanding Stereotactic program and advanced IGRT, a brand new Halcyon with SGRT and comprehensive stereotactic capability, a Siemens Somatom CT and Siemens Biograph CT, and Eclipse TPS, to deliver exceptional care in an inpatient and outpatient setting.
Based in the heart of the city in Cairns, this is a permanent full-time position, working within the hours of 6am to 6pm Monday to Friday. Cairns is a beautiful tropical location, where the rainforest meets the reef. There are plenty of local attractions to explore, or just relax and enjoy the sunshine. Direct domestic flights to most capital cities make it such an accessible place to live. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide opportunities within an ideal environment to develop your experience and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
- Support the Clinical Lead and Charge Radiation Therapist of the unit.
- Assist in the operational management of planning and treatment.
- Act as a technical resource and provide leadership to junior staff.
- Clinically implement planning and treatments as directed by the Radiation Oncologist that best meet the patient’s needs.
- Ensure adherence to departments protocols and procedures to deliver safe and efficient service with exceptional patient care.
- Assist in the support, orientation, education and mentoring of intern, PCP and student radiation therapists rostered to the unit.
To ensure our Cairns centres deliver an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors; we are seeking candidates who consistently demonstrate values aligned to those of the organisation and in addition, flexibility and a 'can-do' attitude. We are looking for someone who is highly enthusiastic, motivated and quick to adapt in a supportive environment. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits with the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong understanding of the service delivery models within the private healthcare sector.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and plan checking in a range of radiotherapy techniques
- Capacity to work effectively and positively as a member of the Multidisciplinary team
- Commitment to the delivery of high quality radiation therapy services and patient care
- Experience in delivery and planning of stereotactic radiotherapy techniques desirable
- Ability to adhere to clinical protocols and procedures.
- Apply effective communication and interpersonal skills to represent Icon in a strong and positive manner to all stakeholders.
- Current AHPRA radiation therapist registration
- Current Radiation License to use a radiation source
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about providing quality patient care, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, dynamic work environment, career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader. Please apply by clicking on the Apply link, including your resume and cover letter.
For further details or to discuss this opportunity, please contact Cushla Edwards, Clinical Lead RT on (07) 4036 5231
Please note that submissions via recruitment agencies are unable to be considered.
“I’d spent two weeks in the Cairns clinic during my time working at Toowoomba, so I knew it was a great place to work. Everyone really gets on. We’re one of the busiest sites in Queensland, so this positive culture is integral when it comes to our ability to deliver treatment for so many patients.” Read Dean's story here: www.icongroup.global/careers/our-people/stories/dean-robb/