Site Manager - Icon Cancer Centre Mildura
Establish Mildura’s First Radiation Oncology Service with Icon Group as part of a Dedicated Oncology Service.
Key Points – The Opportunity
- Develop your Leadership Career for Future Opportunities within a Highly Innovative, Patient-Focused, Rapidly Expanding Company by Establishing and Managing our New Radiation Oncology Treatment Centre in Mildura
- Be Part of a Growing Integrated Oncology Precinct, Delivering Comprehensive Cancer Services to the Local Community
- Deliver Exceptional Patient Care to the Regional Community with Cutting-Edge Technology and Techniques
- Be Supported Every Step of the way by an Experienced and Supportive State Manager and Icon’s National Network of Multi-Disciplinary Experts and Development Programs
- Competitive Remuneration, 5 Weeks Annual Leave + Excellent Yearly Professional Development Allowance
- Permanent Full-Time Position – Mildura Health Private Hospital, Mildura, Victoria
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider and has expanded globally into Singapore, Mainland China, Hong Kong and New Zealand. The Group is built on a strong but simple vision – to deliver the best care possible, to as many people as possible, as close to home as possible.
We bring together all aspects of quality cancer care, including medical oncology, radiation oncology, haematology, pharmacy and chemotherapy compounding to deliver a true end-to-end seamless service for cancer patients internationally. This care is delivered by a strong, experienced and passionate multidisciplinary team with a common focus to deliver the best care possible.
Our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 16 (soon to be 20) radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
A very exciting opportunity exists to establish the Radiation Oncology service and lead the Icon Cancer Centre team. Located within the Mildura Health Private Hospital in a brand new cancer centre, the primary purpose of the Site Manager role is to provide the site with local leadership across the multidisciplinary team radiation oncology and contribute clinically as required, to ensure the daily provision of safe, efficient and quality radiation oncology services in a patient centred approach.
The Site Manager will also be required to drive strategic business initiatives and make a key contribution toward developing a high performance culture that is in alignment with the vision and values of the organisation. This position will operate in a full-time permanent capacity, 76 hours/fortnight (Monday to Friday). The role will report to the State Manager with the direct responsibility of operational, financial, and human resource management of the site.
- Provide effective leadership and management to the multidisciplinary team.
- Establish and maintain the highest standards and continually enhance the quality of service and patient experience.
- Apply effective resource and workflow management strategies to optimise quality, efficiency, and productivity.
- Build and maintain a high-performance culture that delivers quality patient care services through a patient-centric and collaborative approach.
- Develop plans for improvement and innovation in service delivery.
- Establish and maintain exceptional doctor relationships – internal and external.
- Engage with key internal and external stakeholders to drive strategic business initiatives.
- Partner with Business Development Manager to deliver on the site’s operational plan.
About the person we're going to hire:
To ensure our new Mildura site delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors, we are seeking candidates who consistently demonstrate values aligned to those of the organisation and, in addition a strong passion for patient care, and a 'can-do' attitude. We will hire someone who recognises the significant opportunity to develop themselves as they develop our service and who is willing to step outside of their comfort zone. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, extensive career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits, and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader with international reach.
Skills and Experience:
This is a frontline management position, and you will need to demonstrate:
- Strong understanding of the service delivery models within the private healthcare sector.
- Commitment to customer service and patient care.
- Experience in a leadership role in a healthcare organisation with a demonstrated consultative leadership style.
- Capacity to lead enthusiastically, communicate effectively, and manage people while balancing the delivery of safe quality patient care with the varying and/or conflicting demands of stakeholders.
- Financial, analytical, and business planning capabilities in a service delivery framework where KPIs are used to measure performance outcomes.
- Ability to engage team members in delivering safe quality cancer care services in a highly regulated and dynamic environment.
- Strong commitment to team member development facilitated through assessment, learning and development programs.
- AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse or Radiation Therapist (RT with Victorian DHS Radiation Use Licence).
- Advanced level clinical knowledge in Cancer Care.
- Undergraduate or post graduate qualification in Management/Business/Health Administration (desirable).
If you meet the above criteria, please hit the apply button and be sure to include a cover letter explaining why the role is of interest to you.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.