- Opportunity to establish service from inception
- Progress your Career within a Successful and Expanding Company
- Permanent Position - Moorabbin, VIC Location
Icon is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With 30 centres across Australia and several more under development, Icon Cancer Centre is proud to now offer seven radiation oncology facilities across Victoria with our state-of-the-art cancer centre soon to open within the Holmesglen Private Hospital campus.
Icon group also encompasses Medical Oncology, Chemotherapy Compounding, and Pharmacy and is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
An exciting opportunity exists to establish the Radiation Oncology service and lead the Icon Cancer Centre team. Located at Holmesglen Private Hospital, the primary purpose of the Site Manager role is to provide the site with local leadership across the multidisciplinary team and contribute clinically as required, to ensure the daily provision of safe, efficient and quality radiation therapy in a patient centred approach.
The Site Manager will also be required to drive strategic business initiatives and make a key contribution toward developing a high performance culture that is in alignment with the vision and values of the organisation. This position will operate in a full-time permanent capacity, 76 hours/fortnight (Monday to Friday). The role will report to the State Manager (Vic/Tas) with the direct responsibility of operational, financial, and human resource management of the site.
- Provide effective leadership and management to the multidisciplinary team
- Establish and maintain the highest standards and continually enhance the quality of service and patient experience
- Apply effective resource and workflow management strategies to optimise quality, efficiency, and productivity
- Build and maintain a high-performance culture that delivers quality patient care services through a patient-centric and collaborative approach
- Develop plans for improvement and innovation in service delivery
- Establish and maintain exceptional doctor relationships – internal and external
- Engage with key internal and external stakeholders to drive strategic business initiatives
- Partner with Business Development Manager to deliver on the site’s operational plan
To ensure our Holmesglen site delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors, we are seeking candidates who consistently demonstrate values aligned to those of the organisation and, in addition passion for patient care, and a 'can-do' attitude. In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, extensive career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits, and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader with international reach.
Skills and Experience
This is a frontline management position, and you will need to demonstrate:
- Strong understanding of the service delivery models within the private healthcare sector
- Experience in a management role in a healthcare organisation with a demonstrated consultative leadership style
- Capacity to lead enthusiastically, communicate effectively, and manage people while balancing the delivery of safe quality patient care with the varying and/or conflicting demands of stakeholders
- Financial, analytical, and business planning capabilities in a service delivery framework where KPIs are used to manage and achieve performance outcomes
- Ability to engage team members in delivering safe quality cancer care services in a highly regulated and dynamic environment
- Strong commitment to team member development facilitated through assessment, learning and development programs
- Commitment to customer service and patient care
- AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse or Radiation Therapist (RT with Victorian DHS Radiation Use Licence)
- Advanced level clinical knowledge in Cancer Care
- Undergraduate or post graduate qualification in Management/Business/Health Administration (desirable)
If you meet the above criteria, please hit the apply button and be sure to include a cover letter explaining why the role is of interest to you.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.