- Work with Leaders in Cancer Care
- Develop your Career within a Successful and Progressive Company
- Permanent Position – Revesby, NSW Location
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 16 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the Role:
An exciting opportunity exists to lead our Icon Cancer Centre in Revesby, offering medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services from diagnosis through to treatment. The primary purpose of the role is to provide the site with local leadership across the multidisciplinary team and contribute clinically as required, to ensure the daily provision of safe, efficient and quality service with a patient centred approach. The Site Manager will also be required to drive strategic business initiatives and make a key contribution toward developing a high-performance culture that is in alignment with the vision and values of the organisation. This position will operate in a full-time permanent capacity. Reporting to the State Manager (NSW/ACT) with the direct responsibility of operational, financial and human resource management of the site.
- Provide effective leadership and management to the multidisciplinary team
- Establish and maintain the highest standards and continually enhance the quality of service and patient experience
- Apply effective resource and workflow management strategies to optimise quality, efficiency and productivity
- Build and maintain a high-performance culture that delivers quality patient care services through a patient centric and collaborative approach
- Develop plans for improvement and innovation in service delivery
- Establish and maintain exceptional doctor relationships – internal and external
- Partner with Business Development Manager to deliver on the site’s operational plan
To ensure our Revesby site delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors, we are seeking candidates who consistently demonstrate values aligned to those of the organisation and in addition, flexibility and a 'can-do' attitude.
In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, unique rewards and benefits and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Skills and Experience:
This is a frontline management position and you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Strong understanding of the service delivery models within the public and private healthcare sectors
- Experience in a management role in a healthcare organisation with a demonstrated consultative leadership style
- Capacity to lead enthusiastically, communicate effectively and manage people while balancing the delivery of safe quality patient care with the varying and/or conflicting demands of stakeholders
- Financial, analytical and business planning capabilities in a service delivery framework where KPIs are used to manage and achieve performance outcomes
- Ability to engage team members in delivering safe quality cancer care services in a highly regulated and dynamic environment
- Strong commitment to team member development facilitated through assessment, learning and development programs
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Health qualification (e.g. Radiation Therapist or Registered Nurse qualification) including current AHPRA registration.
- Advanced level clinical knowledge
- Undergraduate or post-graduate qualification in management/business (desirable)
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below, including a covering letter and resume.